Welcome back to the Three Delivery Forum!
We're glad to see you again!

Please log in or register with us to continue.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome back to the Three Delivery Forum!
We're glad to see you again!

Please log in or register with us to continue.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Making AMVs

2 posters

:: Discussions :: Videos

Go down

Making AMVs Empty Making AMVs

Post by WolfieStar 26th July 2010, 5:03 am

I recently bought and downloaded 3 Three Delivery episodes, and I want to make an AMV. Does anyone know how to make AMVs in Windows Movie Maker? Like how to get the episodes in the actual program, getting rid of the sound, and cutting and clipping the episodes to make the clips fit with the songs? Any help/advice will be greatly appreciated.
WolfieStar
WolfieStar

Back to top Go down

Making AMVs Empty Re: Making AMVs

Post by ThaliaAnderson 26th July 2010, 7:20 am

What format are your clips in? If they're .avi's, WMM won't play them.

To mute clips, you like, right click the clip and select "Mute" or something (been awhile since I used WMM). To cut clips, I think you just hit "CTRL+C" on the timeline where you want to cut the clip. I could be wrong. o.o Let me know if I am, and I'll let you know.

It's been ages since I used WMM to make vids. Have you only ever made slideshows? o.o I think my second vid was with clips on WMM, but I don't remember.

Last edited by ThaliaAnderson on 3rd August 2010, 9:32 am; edited 1 time in total
ThaliaAnderson
ThaliaAnderson
Admin

https://www.youtube.com/user/leecrew82

Back to top Go down

Post by WolfieStar 26th July 2010, 3:30 pm

Oh thank you!

The clips are in .m4v, are those good?

Ah, I'll go check now and let you know. Making AMVs 415442

I've made only slideshows, check my vids out if you want. I have, like, ten slideshows. Even though I only have three episodes, I'm excited to make an AMV! Is it hard?

EDIT: Awwwww, it's not letting me upload anything.... Crying or Very sad
WolfieStar
WolfieStar

Back to top Go down

Post by ThaliaAnderson 26th July 2010, 8:36 pm

What are you trying to upload? o.o

.m4v? Uhm... I'm not sure... Perhaps? I've never used that file format before. If you need them converted, you could always email them to me and I can convert them for you, so that won't be too much of a problem for you. (:

By 'upload', do you mean it's not letting you drag it into the timeline? Yeah, just upload them to mediafire or megaupload or something and hand them over to me, and I'll convert them. (:

Is making AMVs hard? o.o Welllllll, now that I use Vegas, it's like, making a full video is DEATH. For serious. I would rather crawl into a hole sometimes and die instead of have to vid to an entire song.
Then again, when I used WMM, I could finish whole videos in the course of a couple hours. XD

Here are some of my old WMM vids that I uploaded onto my backup account:

That last one was my first video ever.
Not counting my Cloud/Tifa slideshow, hahahhhhh.

Last edited by ThaliaAnderson on 3rd August 2010, 9:32 am; edited 1 time in total
ThaliaAnderson
ThaliaAnderson
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WolfieStar 26th July 2010, 10:04 pm

Wellllll, I am sick and can't even think straight. XD

.m4v was the format they were in, I believe MPEG-4 or something. I got these off of iTunes, can I still make videos with iTunes bought things? I can't upload it into WMM, the actual program, it says I need codec installed or something. Sad I can't even edit them to put them on YouTube. So does it need to be converted or something?

MediaFire? Isn't that the thing where the guy had downloads of FFVIIAC and didn't have all the parts and such? I guess I can upload it there, so you can use the episodes too if you want. ;D Theres no viruses cause I got it off iTunes.

I've always wanted to make an AMV. It's not gonna be as luxurious and pretty, but still. Making AMVs 415442 I have to upload 'em either later or tomorrow, cause I'm sick and my moms coming home from the hospital. So please don't expect them right away.

Would you mind giving me the link to MediaFire and MegaUpload? Is there a time limit, since I can't edit them their still in their 25 minute glory. ;(

I'm sorry I'm so annoying, this is all very new to me...
WolfieStar
WolfieStar

Back to top Go down

Post by ThaliaAnderson 27th July 2010, 4:28 am

Hmm, I doubt that you can use .m4v's. I can't even use those in Vegas, hahah.

I'm not sure - I download all my clips, but I've heard that with iTunes it has copyright crap alllll over it, so you might not even be able to edit with them. We'll see - if my converter can read the format and change it into something new, you'll have something to work with. (:

That is, if you can even upload them. D: I've heard that sometimes you can't even upload stuff from iTunes onto the net, so I'm not sure if that'll even work. =/ We'll see.

MediaFire
MegaUpload

You don't have to buy either membership. I'd recommend trying mediafire first, but if the file is too big to upload there, go to megaupload. These are the sites that I use to upload, and they're very reliable - you won't get any viruses or anything.

There's no time limit. My first AC clips (Advent Children, loooong before they were even thinking about making Advent Children Complete, hahah), my video file wasn't separated, it was one looong video file. And it worked fine in WMM, so I doubt there's a time limit, hahah. (:

ThaliaAnderson
ThaliaAnderson
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WolfieStar 27th July 2010, 11:39 am

Oh, if you don't mind converting them that would be great! But it's strange, I put a song I bought off iTunes in WMM, and it allowed me. Maybe the video it has that crap and stuff. :/ so what formats of clips can you use?

Alrighty, I'll try it out! Thank you soooo much Thalia.

Oh my, there's a difference between the two movies?!
WolfieStar
WolfieStar

Back to top Go down

Post by ThaliaAnderson 27th July 2010, 9:28 pm

Songs are a lot less copyrighted than footage. =/
Well, you can use .wmvs and .mp4s, as far as I know. Or do you mean what formats can I use? I can use .wmv's, avi's, some .mp4's (sometimes, Vegas glitches up my .mp4's, but at least Monster Buster Club works fine XD) and pretty much almost any video format. As long as the codecs and stuff are installed, I mean.

Advent Children was the original. It told the story of the movie and there you go. But Advent Children Complete has a lot of extra scenes, including a lot of flashbacks to how Cloud found Denzel, and what happened to Denzel's parents (which screwed over my fanfic, afhysdkfjgh), a little of how Barrett came to be Marlene's adopted father, and extended sequences.

For instance, Zack wasn't in Advent Children at ALL the first time around. Instead, Cloud only had flashbacks of Aerith the entire time, and that was it. But the fans, we LOVE Zack. And Zack's death was such a huge thing, and it was the entire reason Cloud wanted to become a SOLDIER 1st class and bring down Sephiroth. So, this time around, we got flashbacks of Zack (admittedly, CGs that were already in Crisis Core, but still), and flashbacks of his death. And, when Sephiroth drives his sword into Cloud, and he's just about ready to die, Zack appears to him and gives him the strength to finish off Sephiroth.

In AC, the fight scene with Sephiroth was like, nooothing. But in ACC, they amped it up. (: And they explained what happened to Yazoo and Loz after Kadaj turns back into Sephiroth (ofc, they shot Cloud and he nearly died, but still, at least we knew what happened XD).

THERE IS NO SHORT WAY FOR ME TO TALK ABOUT FINAL FANTASY, IS THERE?
Remember, if you have questions about charries, I will answer them. XD

ThaliaAnderson
ThaliaAnderson
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WolfieStar 27th July 2010, 9:56 pm

Ah, I see, I see. But it says that I need codec installed or something, waht is that anyways?

I saw basically the whole movie, just about 5 parts out of 23 i didn't see.

THAT FIGHT SCENE WAS SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO GOOD!! Advent Children Complete apparently was so much better.

...wasn't Aerith not human, like a different species, and weren't they trying to ...breed...her with... Red XIII??? O.O
WolfieStar
WolfieStar

Back to top Go down

Post by ThaliaAnderson 28th July 2010, 11:19 pm

o.o

Uhmm... I do not know what you're talking about.
Aerith was one of the Ancients, but she was human... and she's paired with Zack and Cloud, so I don't know how you mean "breed". XD

*stabs megaupload*
It's PMSing at me. ._.

Well, I only know about the codecs for .avi's. I don't know about that m4-whatever. So, I should probably just convert it. I'm even wary about downloading codecs, so if I were you, I wouldn't go off on a codec-ing spree. XD

ThaliaAnderson
ThaliaAnderson
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WolfieStar 28th July 2010, 11:40 pm

oh.....
*shot for being awkward*

Where I reasearched musn't have been accurate....

I'll go try to upload the files.

THANK YOU AGAIN!!!
WolfieStar
WolfieStar

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

:: Discussions :: Videos

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum