Welcome back to the Three Delivery Forum!
We're glad to see you again!

Please log in or register with us to continue.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome back to the Three Delivery Forum!
We're glad to see you again!

Please log in or register with us to continue.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Unchained Songfics

2 posters

Go down

Unchained Songfics Empty Unchained Songfics

Post by ThaliaAnderson 9th November 2010, 3:27 am

Oh the puns I make off random songs I'm forced to write to.

Anywhos, a looong time ago, I started a songfic challenge on deviantArt, but after getting through a few, I realized they were really dumb songs and I hated nearly all of them and what I had to write to them. So I gave up. And now I'd prefer to not have these disgusting things sitting around on my harddrive anymore, and I don't care about them enough to care how bad others think they are (since I already know they're terrible), so here they are! You get to have your eyes burned. Congratulations!

Anyways; the last one is the beginning of a songfic that I never finished. *snaps fingers* And I really wanted a vampire!Tyko.

Notes:
--First one: So. Literal. It. Hurts.
--Second: The only good that came of having to write to this song is the idea of the secret treehouse on the ground. It's actually pretty important to FBF now, so I'm kind of glad I had to write this, even if the writing itself is bad. XD
--Third: I actually kind of like this one; at least the idea of Brynn listening to the radio this way. It was poorly executed, but maybe I'll try rewriting that sometime.
--Fourth: Like the song. Hate what I did with it. Like, severely. In fact, I'm not even posting this one.
--Fifth: Blahhhbahblah. Not far enough in to classify it as good or bad, hahah.

The Righteous Brothers - Unchained Melody

Sid sat with his food propped up on the stool opposite him, and his guitar sitting gracefully on his lap. He always had found it difficult to write songs when he was in as dead a mood as he was right then. But Sue told him to stop bugging everyone and do something productive, so here he was, accomplishing nothing.

“What are you doing?”

He glanced up to see Brynn making her way toward him. She leaned gently against the counter, her red locks falling over her shoulders. “I hope
you’re doing something useful,” she teased.

Sid shrugged. “Not really,” he replied. “I jotted down a few chords, but I don’t have anything to tie them together with. No lyrics, no other chords. They’re just kind of… there.”

“Unchained?” she mused. “An unchained melody?”

He nodded in response. “Basically. What else can I do with it?”

Brynn smirked and strode away, calling over her shoulder, “Chain it back up.”

Smashing Pumpkins - Tonight Tonight

“What is this place?” Brynn asked hesitantly as she creaked the old wooden door open.

Sid shrugged. “I always come here when I’m feeling down,” he explained, helping her onto the swaying rope ladder. It almost looked like it would collapse underneath her weight.

“Why? This place isn’t happy,” she said, glancing around at the tearing walls and tattered carpet. “Is this like a tree house on the ground?”

“Kind of,” he replied. “I’m sure I have some really old songs stuck in here somewhere.”

“I found one,” she laughed, holding up a molding piece of legal paper and handing it off to him. “Do you remember that one?”

Sid stared at it for a couple of seconds before he chuckled. “Yeah,” he smiled. “This one was so stupid,” he added, handing it back to her.

She glanced at one of the lines and giggled. “Believe in the urgency of now?” she grinned. “What does that even mean?”

He shrugged. “I don’t even remember.”

“What was the point of showing me this place again?”

“I don’t know. I guess I just felt like it. You’ll know where to find me if I magically disappear.”

“…Please don’t disappear.”

Sid couldn’t help but smile.

The Coors - Radio

It was cold, again. Ohio sometimes was. I threw a look out the window in my room. I leaned against the sill and rested my head in my hands. Everything was so normal down there. A few kids played jump rope outside their home. Their mother sat on the porch, watching them lovingly. Down the street farther, a police officer was giving a ticket.

I looked in the other direction and what I saw caught in my throat. I swallowed hard and turned away from the window. What I’d seen was the “It” couple from school. For some reason, it hurt to see people together like that. I couldn’t quite explain why.

I lay down on my bed and cranked up the radio in my room. A song blared back at me as I rested my hands behind my head. It was a song that Sid had shown to me a long time ago. It was a song that always reminded me of him. I searched my brain for something to occupy my thoughts. But everything I thought of always turned into a memory of my time in Chinatown.

Song after song – they were the same songs we’d all listened to in California. The overwhelming images and memories forced me down. And even though I was fully dressed, I was pushed into sleep by the swimming thoughts.

When I finally woke up, I blinked and turned my head towards the still-open window. I rubbed my eyes, wondering why all the shadows looked like him.

I pulled myself to my feet and shut off the radio that was still blaring. I wondered why the Anderson’s hadn’t noticed that it was on all night. I pulled on a sweatshirt, but the songs from the radio still echoed around in my head.

Everything. Everything I said, or did reminded me of him. It was absolutely maddening.

But, even so. I kept listening to the radio.

Avril Lavigne - When You're Gone

SKIPPINGSKIPPINGSKIPPINGSKIPPING.

My Chemical Romance - Vampires Will Never Hurt You

Sid knocked casually on the door of the girls’ bedroom. Tyko answered, throwing it open with a wide jerk of her hand. She smiled broadly at the boy, flashing the white plastic fangs inside her mouth.

“Hey Sid,” she greeted, sounding rather muffled from the fangs. “Come in.”

He looked past Tyko into the room and noticed the other two getting ready for Halloween. Tyko herself wore a cape that was most likely longer than she was tall. She had on red heels to make herself look taller than she was and every time she took a step it looked like she would fall over. Her short hair was spiked in the back, making her look unusually menacing, especially when they got outside.

Sue went capeless. Black and purple flats covered her feet and she looked more modern than Tyko, who seemed to favor the traditional look.

LOLOLOLOLOLOL, I'M A SAP. |D
You should see what I write that I don't show you, ahhahahahah.

*rolls away*
ThaliaAnderson
ThaliaAnderson
Admin

https://www.youtube.com/user/leecrew82

Back to top Go down

Unchained Songfics Empty Re: Unchained Songfics

Post by swim2live 11th November 2010, 6:05 am

Awwww I love "When You're Gone"!!! I should post my songfic for that one....

Anyway, I loved all of these! Especially the radio one because I can relate.
Why did you think these were so bad?
swim2live
swim2live

Back to top Go down

Post by ThaliaAnderson 11th November 2010, 6:04 pm

Mainly because this is my old writing style, where I tried to take a literal turn and write based on the actual plot of the songfic. For example, in Radio, the kids outside Brynn's window were actually mentioned in the song.

Now, when I write songfics, I take a line or one section, or overall how the song feels and write a plot all my own based off it. I'm working on a one of the newer song themes I posted, and I get chills just thinking about finishing it. I don't get that sort of feeling when I read back on these; that's my natural way of deciding how I feel about a piece of writing. Unchained Songfics 415442

I'm really glad you liked them though! Blow a Kiss!
ThaliaAnderson
ThaliaAnderson
Admin

https://www.youtube.com/user/leecrew82

Back to top Go down

Post by swim2live 12th November 2010, 3:23 am

I stink at songfics but I've written a few just to get good at them. I must post them sometime cause I need yall's critiques!
swim2live
swim2live

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum