Welcome back to the Three Delivery Forum!
We're glad to see you again!

Please log in or register with us to continue.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome back to the Three Delivery Forum!
We're glad to see you again!

Please log in or register with us to continue.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ReWrite of The Kidnapping of Sue Yi

2 posters

Go down

ReWrite of The Kidnapping of Sue Yi Empty ReWrite of The Kidnapping of Sue Yi

Post by WolfieStar 26th May 2010, 3:25 am

Yep, thinking of doing a rewrite.

The Kidnapping of Sue Yi was likely my most sucessful story for these reasons:

1. Most amount of reviews (30 reviews - that's like 2 reviews for each chapter!)
2. Highest number of chapters (15 chapters in total)
3. Largest amount of words (25,493 words in total - that's alot for me!)
4. Good practice for first-person
5. It was very enjoyable to write!

The only thing i didn't like about it was that it was written when i sucked at writing, and that the changing constantly to different POVs was confusing and very challenging to switch off while writing.

Originally I written this story and got the idea after reading the book "The Kidnapping of Christina Lattimore", thus proving the severe unoriginality of the title.

The plot was different from the book, though. Sure, it had kidnapping, but the book didn't have alot of things i can't think of right now. that's how long ago this was written.

I truly am surprised how many people liked this. This was first supposed to be a simple test of my skills writing in first person - i didn't expect people to review and say "Upload the next chapter soon!" really i find it amazing.

Thus, for all these reasons, I am thinking of doing a rewrite. No sequel (like the original and the recently cancelled 'The Damage to Sid Yi'), more details and originality, and much more ideas. Fix up some booboos, and hope people will read it again!

But, I need ideas and critiques of the first one before I can even think about doing this little project. Please, if you have time, click on this link :http://www.fanfiction.net/s/5423530/1/The_Kidnapping_of_Sue_Yi and read my story. Then either PM me on FF.net, or comment/note me on dA, or comment me here.

I will start writing it once you guys send me ideas or comments, ect., then after either Just 'Normal' Teen Problems or No One Wants to be Royalty is finished I'll post the first chappie.

Oh yeah, one more thing - if anyone can think of a new title, please tell me. I want this to be as original as possible.

Please lend me a hand and help me out! I really need it, I want to make this really good!

Thank you!

~Star the Wolf

Last edited by WolfieStar on 23rd August 2010, 11:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
WolfieStar
WolfieStar

Back to top Go down

ReWrite of The Kidnapping of Sue Yi Empty Re: ReWrite of The Kidnapping of Sue Yi

Post by ThaliaAnderson 28th May 2010, 6:05 am

That sounds great Star! Rewrites are always fun. =) Hahah, I'm on about my fifth or so draft of "Five Becomes Four" and I know how that title thing works. "Five Becomes Four" is like, the third title I've come up with. >>

The first one having had something to do with peaches with I decided to ex from the plot. XD

I have not had a chance to read this fic quite yet, but I plan to as soon as school gets out in a couple weeks. =) I want to be able to have enough time to sit down an enjoy it without worrying about homework and such. I'll be sure to do everything I can to help you once I finish it and hopefully maybe I can be useful in helping you come up with a title you will like. =)

Also, let me know if you need an editor! I'm always available. ReWrite of The Kidnapping of Sue Yi 950998
ThaliaAnderson
ThaliaAnderson
Admin

https://www.youtube.com/user/leecrew82

Back to top Go down

ReWrite of The Kidnapping of Sue Yi Empty Re: ReWrite of The Kidnapping of Sue Yi

Post by WolfieStar 28th May 2010, 1:28 pm

lol, yeah. Mia on dA gave me great suggestions, and already i'm 1/3 done with chapter 1. She helped me come up with the title "Kidnapped by the Past", but it's not set in stone. so if someone comes up with a better one, I'll use that.

oh, do you have a FF.net? course you do, i forgot. LOL i can send you DocX of each chapter, and you can edit for me, only if you want to. it's no problem, i can edit my own stories. but thank you for the offer!

Last edited by WolfieStar on 23rd August 2010, 11:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
WolfieStar
WolfieStar

Back to top Go down

Post by ThaliaAnderson 29th May 2010, 2:12 am

Oh yes, I do have an ff.net account. =)
http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2203540/

There I am! Anywhosie, I look forward to it!
ThaliaAnderson
ThaliaAnderson
Admin

https://www.youtube.com/user/leecrew82

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum