Welcome back to the Three Delivery Forum!
We're glad to see you again!

Please log in or register with us to continue.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome back to the Three Delivery Forum!
We're glad to see you again!

Please log in or register with us to continue.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Addiction {Tobey x Tyko}

4 posters

Go down

Addiction {Tobey x Tyko} Empty Addiction {Tobey x Tyko}

Post by AlixRobinson 14th July 2010, 8:39 am

Author's Note: Random little blurb because I needed to prove to Thalia that I can't write pairing stuff at all. Seriously, I'm pretty sure most of you didn't know that these two are supposedly canon. Ugh, I'm so bad at writing romance. Jeez. THALIA HELP ME I BEG YOU.

v-v-v-v-v-v

There was something about the night sky – be it obscured by the San Francisco skyline or by nothing at all – that seemed to capture Tyko Shen’s imagination. She could see things there that others could hardly imagine. Nana said it was a side-effect of learning so much magic in quick succession. Her imagination was opened and she could envision things that hardly existed. Helpful when attempting to track down a mythological beast. Distracting in History Class.

And sometimes, Tyko enjoyed doing nothing but staring at the stars. They were beautiful no matter where you saw them from, and they made her relax – a rare thing for her.

It was her alone time. Just her, sitting on the roof of Wu’s with a pack of cigarettes, staring at the midnight blue sky and praying for a shooting star to go whizzing by.

And, considering how in her element she always was when on the rooftop, she hardly heard the door to her little area open.

She probably would have remained indifferent to it had Tobey not cleared his throat rather obnoxiously.

Tyko breathed out a long sigh through her nose, sending twin tendrils of smoke into the open air.

“What’re you doing up here?” he asked.

“Starin’ at the stars,” she said, half-turning her head to him. “You?”

“Looking for you.”

“Well, you found me.”

“Yes I did.”

The eighteen-year-old then proceeded to walk over and plop himself down beside her, allowing his long legs to hang off the roof beside her shorter, fishnet-clad ones. She took another drag of the cigarette balanced in her pale fingers which drew an irritated glance of Tobey.

“Those things are really bad for you.”

Tyko smirked, though more to herself than him. “Yup,” she said simply.

“I hate them,” Tobey grunted. He was staring at her, eyebrows knitted together in confusion, as if he expected her to care.

“Then quit buyin’ ‘em for me,” Tyko snorted. The girl was seventeen – a year too young to buy her own smokes. After practically falling to her knees to beg her older friend, he had caved and bought her a pack. They were a secret, of course. They were the only two who knew. Neither of them wanted to think of how Sue would react. Or worse – Brynn.

“I would, if you’d let me,” he sighed.

“Chill,” Tyko suggested. “I’ll be eighteen in a month and I can buy my own.”

Silence surrounded the two of them. That’s why Tyko hated having company on the roof. It always led to awkward silences. So, instead of focusing on the boy beside her, she gazed out at the stars again.

Suddenly, Tobey mumbled a small, short word. She glanced over at him. “What?” she asked.

“I said ‘no,’” Tobey murmured. And suddenly, Tyko’s little source of nicotine was ripped from her lips by calloused fingers, snuffed out on the bit of roof between them, and flung over the edge of the roof to sidewalk two stories below.

Tyko gasped and turned to Tobey, the fire seeming to have transferred from the end of her now-extinguished cigarette to her dark eyes.

“Why did you do that?”

“Because I’m not buying you any more cigarettes.”

Tyko, angry, reached for the pack in the pocket of her leather jacket. The moment it was held out in the open, however, her hand was caught. Tyko was ready this time, though, and held on as tight as she could.

“Let. Go,” she hissed.

“You. First.”

Tyko made an angry noise and pulled as hard as she could. She gasped as the pack flopped open and her addiction fell off the edge of the roof.

A half-scream, half-whine escaping her throat, she turned her gaze once more to the boy beside her.

“TOBEY!” she shrieked, launching herself at him. Unprepared, he was knocked onto his back by the feisty teenager. She had fistfuls of his multi-colored hair gripped in her childlike-hands, as if it would replace the need to clutch the small, cardboard box that had gone flying off the roof when she attacked him. “Why did you do that?!”

“Because I hate cigarettes!” Tobey spat back at her. “They’re disgusting, and really bad for you! I’m through wasting my money to buy them for you!”

“Then-then-then-” Tyko searched her frantic, nicotine-withdrawal-addled brain for an answer. “Use my money! I’ll give you the cash, and you can-”

“No, Tyko!”

Tyko did the half-scream again, and sacrificed half her grip on his hair to pound angrily at his chest. “I need them!” she said, a half-sob working its way up her throat. She prayed it wouldn’t reach her vocal chords. “You know I need them!”

Tobey pushed himself off his back. Tyko was sitting backwards on his lap, her legs splayed out behind him on either side of his waist. One pale hand, fingertips dyed yellow from nicotine, still grasped tightly to hair on one side of his head. Her other hand had a vice-like grip on the cloth of his t-shirt. Her face, however, lacked the animosity her hands displayed. Her head was lulled, hiding her face behind pitch-black bangs that fell in the way.

She looked… pretty pathetic.

When she finally spoke, her voice was choked and tiny and hopeless, like it was the last thing she could think to say. “Why… why would you even care? They’re my cigarettes. My body. Why do you-”

Her self-pitying was interrupted, however, as Tobey snorted rather loudly. She looked up at him, her lips pressed into a puckered frown. This, however, didn’t deter Tobey as he closed the two-inch gap between then and pressed his smirk to her pout.

They pulled away from each other rather quickly, and Tyko, being extremely confused, blinked a few times before mumbling, “…What the heck just happened?”

Tobey smiled a bit too widely. “You wanna know why I care? I can’t stand cigarettes. It tastes like I just kissed the side of a burning building.”

Tyko, by this point, was overcome with so much conflicting emotion that she did the one thing her frazzled brain would allow her.

She socked Tobey squarely in the mouth.

She pushed herself off of him (none too gently) and stormed about half-way off the roof before turning around and just staring. She was back to the deer-in-headlights eyes and the pouty little frown. However, the words she said were anything buy self-serving.

“If you ever try that again,” she said, “I’m lighting two cigarettes and shoving them up your nose while you sleep.”

v-v-v-v-v-v

Tyko seems a bit different here, doesn't here? Well, after certain... events in 'Xiao Zhan Shi' (the fanfic that revolves around her), she changes a bit. A bit more emotional, a bit more grown up (though only a bit), and a lot more edgy - hence the leather jacket and fishnets. She loses a bit of her wit and humor in exchange for a darker, more dangerous personality.

SEE THALIA. I CAN'T WRITE ROMANCE. I HAD TO RUIN THE ENDING BECAUSE I CAN'T DO THE FLUFF THING.

HELP ME.

PLEASE.

Last edited by AlixRobinson on 17th August 2010, 2:37 am; edited 1 time in total
AlixRobinson
AlixRobinson

Back to top Go down

Addiction {Tobey x Tyko} Empty Re: Addiction {Tobey x Tyko}

Post by WolfieStar 14th July 2010, 2:19 pm

Omg.

O

M

G

this is so nice!!! Addiction {Tobey x Tyko} 950998 I love it so much, shows another side of Tyko (and she smokes? Nice Addiction {Tobey x Tyko} 950998)

I can't write romance either, don't worry. Wink all I can write is crap. Yeah, I hate my writing.

Last edited by WolfieStar on 23rd August 2010, 11:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
WolfieStar
WolfieStar

Back to top Go down

Post by AlixRobinson 14th July 2010, 6:18 pm

Whatever! You're great at writing romance!
I wish I could write like you!

Yeah, Tyko gets a bit dark at a certain point and takes up some rather... destructive hobbies.

I'm so glad you like it, though. Considering I never post anything I write, it means a lot that someone likes it.

Last edited by AlixRobinson on 17th August 2010, 2:37 am; edited 1 time in total
AlixRobinson
AlixRobinson

Back to top Go down

Post by WolfieStar 14th July 2010, 6:39 pm

Lawl sorry i got crazy with the OMG, I just hate it when people don't like their work when it's amazing.

I cant think of any good ideas. Gary's past keeps changing, and I can't decide what to do. And I've been staring at a song fic for a week, unable to write down my ideas. Writing is challenging, but rewarding.

I like the idea that you've made her smoke. I know that sounds desturbing, but that's what I think. You can do so much with this, more Tobko: how she started, what Tobey thought when he found out, and how he (hopefully) gets her to quit. I also wanna do something with Garue, but I've been choking you guys with Garue, so I'm iffy on writing it.

I really do love this. Well done. Addiction {Tobey x Tyko} 950998

Last edited by WolfieStar on 23rd August 2010, 11:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
WolfieStar
WolfieStar

Back to top Go down

Post by AlixRobinson 14th July 2010, 6:48 pm

You know, I might just end up expanding on this whole smoking thing. It's sort of strange for me to have her do something like that, because when I normally write her, she's thirteen or fifteen. It's odd for me to write her not only as being seventeen, but also being a smoker.

I love her no matter how I portray her (I have quite a few different ideas for her, in truth), but it is a little... strange, making her act more mature. Well, that, and her beating on Tobey. But I think she's gonna be beating him up no matter how old or mature she gets.

I am really glad you liked my decision on the smoking. Once it was all written out, I thought, "What are they even going to think about this?" Just because it was such a far cry from the hyperactive, overly-flirty Tyko that everyone is used to. Glad it turned out well, though Addiction {Tobey x Tyko} 950998

Yes! Write for Garue! Maybe I can get romance pointers from you!

AlixRobinson
AlixRobinson

Back to top Go down

Post by Chezberryz456 14th July 2010, 7:29 pm

THAT WAS AWESOME!!!! cheers
How can you say that you can't write romance? both of you can! And you're both really good at it!
Chezberryz456
Chezberryz456

Back to top Go down

Post by WolfieStar 14th July 2010, 7:47 pm

I can't write romance willingly. Maybe some angst first, then romance. Addiction {Tobey x Tyko} 950998

well, I remember vaguely from the other board that her brother was given away and she cries on his birthday. Maybe everntually from all the emotional pain she fell victim to peer pressure.

Well, now I have a urge to draw a picture dipicting Gary's past, and write about it afterward because of this...hmm....

Last edited by WolfieStar on 24th August 2010, 12:01 am; edited 1 time in total
WolfieStar
WolfieStar

Back to top Go down

Post by Chezberryz456 14th July 2010, 7:50 pm

It sounds like a good idea
Chezberryz456
Chezberryz456

Back to top Go down

Post by AlixRobinson 14th July 2010, 8:11 pm

Wow, you remembered that?
Haha, you've got, like, a phenomenal memory to actually retain something so out-of-the-way.

You make a point though - at one time, the baggage she's been toting around since she was a child has got to come out in some form. Nicotine it is, haha.

Last edited by AlixRobinson on 17th August 2010, 2:38 am; edited 1 time in total
AlixRobinson
AlixRobinson

Back to top Go down

Post by WolfieStar 14th July 2010, 8:30 pm

Lol well it seems like the most obvious reason. Why else would she smoke what appears to be a pack a day?

I don't really know how I remembered that, haha. Wasn't it on her bio in the Introduce yourself or something? I don't know. Addiction {Tobey x Tyko} 950998

well with Gary, he holds it in, and then it comes out badly as screaming and hitting. That's why at first he's afraid to love Sue, for fear he'll end up being like his father.

Tyko's way of getting rid of the pain must be smoking and nicotine addiction.

Last edited by WolfieStar on 24th August 2010, 12:02 am; edited 1 time in total
WolfieStar
WolfieStar

Back to top Go down

Post by ThaliaAnderson 14th July 2010, 8:39 pm

I, for one, think that you're phenomanal, but you never seem to believe me, sooo.. I'll have to try a different approach. (:

Thus begins my work as your official editor, eh?

First off, you should know that I've never EVER written characters like Tyko or Tobey before, let alone TOGETHER. I don't think I've ever even read about a character relationship like that before. I mean like... MAYBE, but only if you put Spader from Pendragon and...Sam from iCarly in the same room, and they get some weird bond going. But that'd be like, the ONLY instance I could think of. So, I won't be the best at it, and you know all my writing is good for is the overly fluff-ful amounts of love and cheese, and Tobey and Tyko don't really have that going on quite yet. XD I'll try to be helpful, but I'm in unknown territory. ;_;

I, too, like the idea of Tyko smoking here (I am totally shoving the part of me that's Brynn who is shrieking in my head out of the way, at the moment), because it adds more depth to Tyko's already depth-ful character. Because I mean... she's portrayed in the beginning as this happy-go-lucky preteen, but as you read about her, there's a LOT more to understand (like Star pointed out, Ryo (was that his name?) being separated from her.

Plus, you can write Tobey like... unbelievably well. Most times, people write Tobey just how he is in the show - shallow, doing nothing except making jokes and cracking witty remarks. Somehow, you bring him out of that character, while keeping him in character, if that makes sense.

I think that this was way great, and better than anything you've written for them before (except maybe with the exception of "May I" because that gets me every time ;_; ), and I think it's because of how it's centered around Tobey'd decision to try and save Tyko by not buying her cigs anymore. But also, because he cared enough about her to give in and buy them in the first place..? If that makes sense.

I liked it.
And I honestly, 100% do not know why you say you can't write them. Tobey and Tyko aren't the characters to have romance, but you write what they do have excellently. I mean, they're no RokuHana. Wink

Last edited by ThaliaAnderson on 3rd August 2010, 9:13 am; edited 1 time in total
ThaliaAnderson
ThaliaAnderson
Admin

https://www.youtube.com/user/leecrew82

Back to top Go down

Post by AlixRobinson 14th July 2010, 8:58 pm

I love your comments, muahaha. They feed me. You always know just how to think them through and phrase them to make me smile.

I think you're write - I have to stop trying to get myself to write the two of them as anything other than... them. They aren't RokuHana, they aren't SeiDax (thank God xD), and they aren't like anything I've ever written before.

Guh. Sometimes I just wish they were... better at the whole "romance" thingy. I dunno. I have this condition where I can't make characters like Brynn or Hana. They're all either really hyper, or really... immoral.

Baaaaah.

I'm glad you liked it Addiction {Tobey x Tyko} 950998
AlixRobinson
AlixRobinson

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down