Welcome back to the Three Delivery Forum!
We're glad to see you again!

Please log in or register with us to continue.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome back to the Three Delivery Forum!
We're glad to see you again!

Please log in or register with us to continue.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Final Fantasy - This is a Fantasy Based on Reality

2 posters

Go down

Final Fantasy - This is a Fantasy Based on Reality Empty Final Fantasy - This is a Fantasy Based on Reality

Post by ThaliaAnderson 6th August 2010, 8:21 pm

Tee hee. Marcie, thank you. I get to spazz about something that I am practically addicted to. 8D

Jeez, it's such a broad topic... It would be easier if I was asked about one Final Fantasy in particular, but hey, if I can rant about several, it's just as good. 8D
Firstly, I'll go in order of the specific questions Marcie asked, because I answe the general, "I want to know anything you can tell me," which, indeed, I am excited to be answering. 8D So... I can tell you about what I know about certain games and stuff - Sorry to say I don't know about Final Fantasies prior to VII... I--VI is beyond me. XD

Are there any other movies?
--There's two, but I believe you said that you already saw The Spirits Within..? The only FF movie not based off a game. XD Well, this one is a great movies too (and is actually the fandom that I wrote my original sentence themes too, hahah), and it's weird because you don't actually end up with that "happy ending" that you're looking for.
NOT NIELLLLLLLLLLLLL!!!
Oh yeah, and they all have regular names! XD And it features the voice actors of Mulan and Hades. 8D And somewhere in there, a random guy who shoots Aki (Mulan) is voiced by Wakka from FFX, which admittedly, make me gigglelol a bit uncontrollably. XD
--Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children Complete is the other movie. Don't bother watching the original Advent Children if you're just going to see Complete, because it has a lot less scenes and it's not HD-gorgeousness.
And they gave Cloud freckles in ACC, and he is TOO CUTE.
You'll need to know mostly about FFVII if you're going to see ACC. So, later on, I will do a quick summary, but sorry if it's a tad long, because it's the FF with the most spinoffs. ^^;;

Games--Systems.

Final Fantasy I (1987) -- NES, MSX2, WonderSwan Color, PlayStation (meaning you can play it on a PS2), Game Boy Advance, PSP.
Final Fantasy II (1988) -- PC, WonderSwan Color, PlayStation, Game Boy Advance, PSP
Final Fantasy III (1990; 2009) -- Originally only released for Japan; remade a few years back for the DS.
Final Fantasy IV (1991; 2008) -- SuperNintendo, PlayStation, WonderSwan Color, Game Boy Advance, Nintendo DS (remake)
Final Fantasy V (1992) -- PlayStation, Game Boy Advance
Final Fantasy VI (1994) -- SuperNintedo, PlayStation, Game Boy Advance
Final Fantasy VII (1997) -- PlayStation, Play Station Network (PS3)
Final Fantasy VII: Crisis Core (2008) -- PSP
Final Fantasy VII: Dirge of Cerberus (2006) -- Play Station 2
Final Fantasy VIII (1999; 2009) -- PlayStation, Windows, Play Station Network
Final Fantasy IX (2000; 2010) -- PlayStation, Play Station Network
Final Fantasy X (2001) -- PlayStation 2
Final Fantasy X-2 (2003) -- PlayStation 2
Final Fantasy XI (2004) -- PlayStation 2, Windows, XBox 360
Final Fantasy XII (2006) -- PlayStation 2
Final Fantasy XII: Revenant Wings (2007) - DS
Final Fantasy XIII (2010) -- PlayStation 3, XBox 360
Final Fantasy Versus XIII (No release date yet) -- PlayStation 3
Final Fantasy Agito XIII (No release date yet) -- PSP
Final Fantasy XIV (2010; 2011) -- Windows (Sept. 2010), PlayStation 3 (March 2011)

Okay, uhm, now... I guess I'll just say my top 5 FFs?

1) FFX
2) FFX-2
3) FFXII
4) FFVII
5) FFXIII

I'll summarize whichever FFs that you want me to. If you want me to give a summary of any of them, let me know - they don't have to be on my top five.

(:
ThaliaAnderson
ThaliaAnderson
Admin

https://www.youtube.com/user/leecrew82

Back to top Go down

Final Fantasy - This is a Fantasy Based on Reality Empty Re: Final Fantasy - This is a Fantasy Based on Reality

Post by swim2live 6th August 2010, 8:41 pm

FFVII because I think I'll have to know the game pretty well in order to understand the movie.
swim2live
swim2live

Back to top Go down

Final Fantasy - This is a Fantasy Based on Reality Empty Re: Final Fantasy - This is a Fantasy Based on Reality

Post by ThaliaAnderson 6th August 2010, 9:12 pm

I can't say that I know much about Dirge of Cerberus... just that is centers mostly around Vincent and Yuffie (I accidentally typed "Squall and Yuffie"...Thanks Kingdom Hearts, for screwing with my canon pairings). But I do know a lot about FFVII and Crisis Core, which are really the only ones important in understand ACC. XD

FFVII:CC is the prequel to FFVII. It's from Zack's point of view, and he is a SOLDIER, working to protect Shinra. His 'guardian' is Angeal, and he's friends with Genesis and Sephiroth. I don't know all the details, so don't quote me on some specifics, alright? Something happens with Angeal, and Zack is forced to kill him, because Genesis is going crazy over something. Zack falls through somewhere and lands in Aerith's church, which is in the slums in a town underground. He meets Aerith (YAY, CANON ZACK/AERITH I LOVE IT) and you can tell they REALLY like each other, a lot. XD (Zack asks her out, lmao, to which she lols and is like, "you're funny, mister" XD) Whenever Zack has a moment off from work, he goes to see Aerith, those the moments are few and far between, because now his good buddy Sephiroth is going crazy about being some sort of monster, and he also has to take care of Genesis, who's destroying all sorts of stuff. He meets another SOLDIER, who is a few steps down from him, named Cloud. They become fast friends, and while Zack talks about Aerith, Cloud stammers about Tifa and how much he likes her (TEEHEE).

A lot of crap happens that I can't go into detail of, because I haven't played the game (it's for PSP), but somehow (sorry to say I don't remember how), SOLDIERs end up attacking Zack. He hides Cloud (who is currently going through mako addiction, LMAO) and goes to fight them, in hopes of becoming a hero, even though he's already achieved SOLDIER 1st Class. He takes out a lot of SOLDIERS, but he's eventually defeated.

Thus ensues really sad death scene. .___. Cloud finds Zack (after he woke up, he tried to fight, as well), and Zack hands off Angeal's Buster Sword to Cloud, and tells him to carry on his legacy.

I don't know much about what exactly happens in FFVII, the game itself. I know that Aerith meets Cloud, and Cloud takes care of her for Zack. Somewhere along the way, he develops really deep feelings for her, and Tifa isn't much of an idea in FFVII. Sephiroth has gone full-blown evil. He kills Aerith, which officially drives Cloud off the deep end. For some reason (I don't know why), you just can't kill Sephiroth (because he's defeated in FFVII, but comes back again in ACC). Now, Cloud has lost the two people he cared about the most, thus ensuing in his emo-ness all throughout ACC.

If you're going to watch ACC, I won't spoil anything for you. (:

..It's just sort of funny, because Yuffie is like, ten in CC when Zack is at least twenty. (Zack is a few years older than Cloud) Yuffie's villiage is totally anti-SOLDIER, and there's this one point where Zack is infiltrating, and this tiny Yuffie runs up and is like, "I AM THE GREATEST NINJA IN THIS VILLIGE. BANG BANG. I KILLED YOU." And Zack kind of looks around really quick, falls to knees and says dramatically, 'YOU GOT MEEEE.' To which, Yuffie runs off and Zack continues his infiltration. XD

Anything else? Eventually, I'm going to have to rant about all the FFs that I've placed character reps in. x_x
ThaliaAnderson
ThaliaAnderson
Admin

https://www.youtube.com/user/leecrew82

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down