Welcome back to the Three Delivery Forum!
We're glad to see you again!

Please log in or register with us to continue.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome back to the Three Delivery Forum!
We're glad to see you again!

Please log in or register with us to continue.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Trials of the Demon Wolf ch. 4

2 posters

Go down

Trials of the Demon Wolf ch. 4 Empty Trials of the Demon Wolf ch. 4

Post by WolfieStar 24th August 2010, 9:31 pm

Chapter 4

It was about a week since I had attacked Sue and walked in her dreams, and I was visiting her everyday in secrecy. It wasn’t easy, avoiding Sid and everyone, and trying not to let Kong Li find out I was seeing her, but oh well. She was lonely and needed a friend.

As I walked inside the hospital, I realized that I also hadn’t eaten in a week. My head was spinning, and I had to lean against the wall outside of Sue’s room for a few seconds, rubbing my temples. If I didn’t get anything to eat soon, I would drop dead on the floor. But I forced myself to keep walking, and I slowly opened the door to her room.

There she was. Still in her deep sleep. The tubes and wires still attached to her, pumping oxygen and other crap inside her. But for some reason, I was strangely attracted to her. Was it her strength from her memories? Her beautiful face? I never had these feelings before.

It must be horrible to have to be kept alive by such strange metal boxes. They were flashing different colors, and they were making so much noise it was hard to hear her raspy breathing. The flowers her family gave her brightened up the room a bit, but barely, for they knew their friend was in a deep coma.

“Hey there.” I smiled, sitting down in my usual chair. She didn’t answer me, and I really didn’t expect her too. I didn’t understand why I kept visiting her, I was confused. I took a deep breath, then brushed some stray hair away from her face. That’s when I noticed that some color had returned to her face, and she was moaning weakly.

I sat up quickly and watched her eyelids flutter open, finally waking up from the long sleep. Her eyes were beautiful, even though they strained to see after being underused for such a long time. After a few moments of regaining her bearings, she suddenly cried out, and her eyes jumped around nervously, trying to figure out where she was and who was with her. Her eyes landed on me, and I saw her hand shaking nervously as she reached out to touch me, trying to figure out if I was real or not.

Her hand fell limp on my knee, proving she was still weak. She refocused on me after her eyelids started to droop. After a few seconds, she asked, “Who are you?” her voice was hoarse, and she coughed, trying to clear her lungs, and I sadly remembered that she was bleeding from her mouth. Was there still blood in her throat? “Are you real?”

“I’m uh . . .” I looked away, then blurted out, “You’re guardian angel! I’m your guardian angel!”

Sue blinked, and her body relaxed, and she smiled. “That’s nice.” she looked so sleepy and weak, I felt bad for her.

I smiled, then touched her hand, feeling the heat go back into her fingers. “I’m going to stay with you until you’re better. Alright?”

She nodded slowly, and shut her eyes, like she wanted to sleep. At first I was wary to let her sleep after waking up from a coma, but I decided to let her be.

There was suddenly banging outside the door, and I looked to see two shifters and Kong Li making their way towards her. My heart sank, imagining the things they would do to her when she was so weak. I had to lead them away from her.

I stood up, and whispered in her ear, “I will be back, ok?”

At first I thought she was ignoring me, but she whispered, “Ok . . .” before falling into a light sleep. I made sure she was alright before facing Kong Li and the shifters.

“What are you doing?!” Kong Li roared, his hand becoming a fist around his dragon staff, almost read to break it. “Why are you visiting-”

“Shush!” I snapped, then lowered my voice. “Don’t wake her.”

He growled, the veins popping out of his head. “Don’t you dare tell me what to do!” the look in his electric blue eyes was threatening, the older man looked ready to rip me apart.

“I can, and I just did.” I smirked, feeling smart.

“We have to get those recipes!” one of the shifters growled. “We don’t have time for you to play in the hospital with that girl.”

“I’m not playing with her.” I grunted. “I was the one who put her in this situation, all that she needs is a bit of help.”

“He’s of no help anymore Kong Li.” the other shifter said. “He’s getting to attached to that girl, and he hasn’t helped us at all. He’s just another burden.”

“Fine.” Kong Li growled. “I don’t need you anymore. I was going to give you fabulous rewards, but no longer. I don’t want to see you again.”

“Fine by me . . .” I mumbled, rolling my green eyes as Kong Li and those two hunks of clay walked past me. “The streets are kinder than you.”

Suddenly something hit me in my legs, and I cried out loudly, falling down immediately. When I looked up, Kong Li was laughing. “Need to work on your legs boy, their crooked as heck!” I growled angrily when he walked away. Excuse me for being hit by a car and having my legs get messed up!

I sighed, slowly forcing my legs to get up. They were hurting, crying out in pain. My legs needed to be fixed, but I doubt that would ever happen anytime soon. I quickly limped over to a nearby chair and rubbed my legs, feeling the bones bulging under my skin. If I didn’t get fixed soon, I doubt I would ever walk correctly. At least most people don’t notice my limping.

“Sue!” I heard someone’s voice call. Picking my head up, I saw Sue’s older brother, Sid, drop the flowers he was holding and run inside her room. Two people followed him, that old women, and that Brynn again. I swear, I think she’s a stalker.

Carefully, I peeked inside, and I saw Sid sitting at her bedside, holding her hand tightly. Sue was so weak, and could only looked at him. Brynn was smiling at her friend, her aura concerned and worried over her though. The old woman was checking her, but was mixing something together in a bowl.

“Finally, you’re awake.” Brynn said, leaning against the wall to give Sid space. “You’re late.”

Sue chuckled softly. “Well excuse me.”

Sid wasn’t saying anything, he was just happy that his sister was awake after a week. He leaned over her and carefully kissed her forehead, tears running down his cheeks. “I’m just happy you’re alright.” he adjusted the thin tube under her nose that was running oxygen into her when it started to get a bit snug under her jaw.

I smiled at them a brother taking care of a sister, but I immediately froze when the woman finished mixing whatever she was. She gently tapped Sue’s cheek, and she slowly turned her head towards her, exhausted from all the visitors.

“Yeah Nana?” she whispered, barely audible.

“I know you’re tired sweetie.” that woman, apparently called Nana, smiled warmly, pressing the edge of the glass to her lips. “Just drink a little, you’ll feel better.”

I gripped the doorframe, walking in slowly. As she carefully tipped the vial, I roared and tackled her full force. Nana cried out, the vial dropped and broken, it’s contents spilled all over the tiled floor. I pinned her against the wall, growling.

“How dare you poison her when she’s weakened?!” I shouted, leaning back my fist to punch her. Nana simply caught my fist, and gently pinned me on the opposite wall. My head was spinning from the quick movement, so I couldn’t fight back.

“Easy there.” she whispered. “I’m not hurting her.”

“Because I stopped you!” I screamed, struggling to break free. I would even bite my arms off to get away, I was scared.

“No no.” she shook her head. “I’m worried about her, like you probably are. All I was giving her was something to keep her immune system strong, and help her regain her strength. That’s all.”

“But, but . . .” I stuttered, looking at Sue. Her eyes were shut like she had fallen asleep, but they reopened again. She smiled, and nodded tiredly. I sighed, then nodded. “I’m sorry.”

Nana smiled, then let go of me. “But, who are you?”

I opened my mouth to answer, but Sue beat me too it. She struggled to sit up, but breathed out and gave up after a few seconds. “He’s my guardian angel.”

Sid blinked. “Um, Mei Mei, there’s no such things as guardian angels.”

“He is!” Sue persisted, her eyelids drooping. Whatever little energy she had was rapidly running out. “I saw him in my dreams, he helped me wake up.”

My heart sank when she said that. Did she see me when I was walking in her dreams and memories? Oh no! “I, uh, well, um, ya see . . .”

“Whoever you are, leave.” Nana ordered, her warm look vanished to a stern one. “Go now.”

I nodded immediately, and fled the hospital room. Even though I had lost my agreement with Kong Li, was found out that I was dream walking, and was kicked out of her hospital room, one good thing came out of all this:

Sue had woken up from her coma.

To be Continued . . .
WolfieStar
WolfieStar

Back to top Go down

Trials of the Demon Wolf ch. 4 Empty Re: Trials of the Demon Wolf ch. 4

Post by Chezberryz456 24th August 2010, 10:19 pm

Wow, that was so amazing- I was close to crying. Haha, so like Gary to tackle Nana whilst she's helping Sue. XD
It's good that Sue's awoken from the coma, and it was better that Gary "her guardian angel" was there to witness it! Every time I read the next chapter, I love it better than the last! (:
Chezberryz456
Chezberryz456

Back to top Go down